Thursday, February 14, 2013

you make me blush



dress/lace shirt/shoes: thrifted // shirt/tights: forever 21





Happy Valentines Day, everyone! This holiday always has mixed feelings between people, and I have mixed feelings for the day too. Part of me thinks it's a stupid excuse for boys to be extra nice to girls, part of me adores the holiday because it's super cute and romantic, and part of me thinks it's highly overrated. Welcome to the confusing world of Lauren. I guess it really depends on the year for me. This year I'm not too excited about it, because there will be a ton of cute couple-y stuff and it will make me miss Matt more than I usually do. I don't think I've talked about him for a while on here, but we are doing good. Long distance relationships are really hard and they stink but it's totally worth it. Some days are harder than others but you just have to keep the line of communication open and be trusting and understanding. And you always have to stay positive. I've learned a lot that my emotions affect other people, so keeping a positive spirit is of the utmost importance. But Matt is my best friend and he really balances out my insanity perfectly, and I'm so so thankful for him every day. Sure, not being able to see him in person is really hard, but he is more than worth it.




But today is going to be a good day. There are so many people I love and I can't wait to spend it with my friends. Every day I'm thankful for them and where I am and I just love my college and my life so much. Even though I have bad days (like everyone does), I would say that life is pretty fantastic and I'm really glad I've reached that mindset.




I hope you have a marvelous holiday! I love you all so much and I'm so thankful for you, and you deserve to have an awesome day. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment