Saturday, April 27, 2013

art student awards




dress: ebay // shoes: thrifted





I just got back from my university's art student awards! It was an unbelievable night with some awesome entertainment and recognition. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. I had been nominated to submit a portfolio to the first photography awards, the Triple "S" Award, in which the work had to represent the "achievement in the creative advancement of image making as an art form", and made within the school year. You can see the pieces that I submitted here. After the nominees submitted their portfolios, my photography teacher sent them out to successful photographers in the business, who then looked at each of the portfolios. They each gave three points to the portfolio that they felt deserved first place, two points for second, and one for third. Not only did the winner receive the most points total, but the winner also received the most "threes".

Well, I suppose you've already guessed it ... I got the award! I couldn't even believe it when my name was called, and I still can hardly believe it happened. It's very uplifting to have my work be recognized as an art form, especially since I have been struggling with this recently, and especially from people who are successful photographers. My teacher gave me their comments on my work, and I was so thankful and over the moon from their kind words. I just wanted to send a special thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of me and my work and my journey, whether you left an encouraging word, modeled for me, allowed me to shoot your senior or wedding photos, or even bought my work. You are the best and I will forever be thankful for you. Thank you!

Now I will be able to look at this award and remember that my work is something special, and I will remember everyone who supports me and it will give me strength to push on.






Have a fantastic day everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment