Saturday, April 20, 2013

film friday (on saturday): dove real beauty sketches



I'm sure many of you have seen this by now, but I still wanted to share it. Matt sent it to me a little bit after it was posted, and I really loved the message behind it. Despite all the controversy that it's gotten (some people saying that it doesn't cater to different body types, some saying that it puts too much emphasis on physical beauty, blah blah), we have to keep in mind the message behind it. No matter what, physical beauty will always be judged. And while I think people put too much time and worry into making themselves look a certain way to please other people, we can't just push aside our physical qualities. I mean, our bodies are meant to be celebrated and we should celebrate our natural beauty. What I really love about this video is that it shows how much too critical we are of ourselves, and how the rest of the world actually sees us. You are so much more beautiful than you know. And it's the inner beauty that really shines on the outside.

So don't forget that you are beautiful, despite what you may think. Because there are people who see you and they see an amazing person with joy and happiness radiating from within, and that's what really makes you beautiful.

Have a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment