Monday, April 15, 2013

summer dreaming



dress (as shirt)/belt: thrifted // shorts: asos // cardigan: borrowed // boots: forever 21 // tights: romwe




Happy Monday, you beautiful people! I hope you have a wonderful day today! Two more weeks ... just two little more weeks, then finals week, and then I'm home for the summer! I'm really excited for this summer, because I finally got my first real job! Well, I got a job as an unpaid intern, but I'm working for a local photographer and will most likely be doing a lot of office work and hopefully will be able to go with him to photoshoots and things like that. He is a really successful photographer and I am so excited to be mentored by him. It will be a full time thing, so hopefully I'll have time to take outfit pictures and do my own shoots with clients (if I actually get any, come on people, I want to take your picture!).

Plus I just love summer in general. Even though I love winter and all the snow, there's just something about the Alaskan summer that has captured my heart. The endless sun, the wild flowers, the perpetual smell of campfire in your hair, running around barefooted in the woods, climbing mountains, picking berries, walking along the beach, driving to the sea towns and exploring abandoned buildings, I could go on and on for hours. I live for the summer.





Also this summer, I'll actually be able to see Matt on a regular basis. No more long distance, hooray! We already have a list of movies that we want to watch together, and we are also planning on doing P90X together. I did it with my mom in 2010 and loved it, so I can't wait to do it again with him.

Speaking of Matt, I have some exciting news ... drum roll please ... Matt's transferring to my college next year! Hooray! He has been considering switching, so two weeks ago he came to visit me and look at the campus. I know it was a really hard decision and he's really sad to leave his friends, but I am also excited that he'll be a little bit closer. Our film program here has exactly what he wants to study, and even though it's not as developed as the program at his current school, I think he will really enjoy it. I'm friends with several film majors and they're all really cool, so I bet he will get along with them easily. We would have been okay if he decided to stay at his college, but hey, can you blame me for being excited? No more crying at the airport or saying goodbye!




I hope you all have a great day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment