Wednesday, April 17, 2013

we'll all float on



shirt: borrowed // striped shirt/boots: forever 21





I wasn't planning on taking photos of this outfit, as I don't really find my lazy day outfits interesting enough to put on here, but I felt really pretty wearing it and my nails matched what I was wearing (love it when that happens) and the sun was shining, so I thought, "Heck, why not?" So I took a walk and shot beside a busy street, pretending to look at my camera whenever people walked past. I'm slowly but surely getting more comfortable shooting myself in front of people. It's weird how my mind works though, if I was in a crazy outfit doing crazy things for a "creative" photo, I wouldn't be so nervous shooting in a busy location. But posing normally? Perhaps it's the shock factor of those crazy photos that I hold on to (anything for the sake of art, am I right?), but then for outfit photos, I'm just taking pictures of my outfit .. how conceited! Which is also an absurd thought because I don't think I'm conceited, nor do I think any of the people behind the blogs I follow are conceited. In fact, if I saw someone taking pictures of themselves, I would think they were the coolest person ever! I don't know where I'm going with this, but let's just say that I think all you people with blogs are the coolest ever. Rock on!





Tuesday I sold my second piece of art ever! My photography teacher bought my piece from the Student Art Show, and yesterday I traded the framed piece for an envelope full of cash. It almost paid for my expenses for taking his class, haha. But in all seriousness, it's a fantastic feeling to have people so interested in your art that they want to have it hanging in their home. (Especially someone as cool as my photography teacher.)





Well, I best be off. My English teacher decided to have us read 90 pages for class tomorrow, and I'm nearly finished.

Update: I read it! So much reading ... my brain ...!

Have a great Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment