Thursday, May 30, 2013

blogger of the month: jessi of haircut and general attitude



Introducing May's blogger of the month! I just recently discovered Jessi's blog, and already she's one of my favorites. I love her girly, colorful sense of style and how well she plays with patterns and color combinations. If you don't already follow her blog, I suggest you go check it out. Prepare to be inspired!



Well first things first, can you tell me just a little bit about yourself?

I could open by saying I'm a gemini vegetarian, which happens to be a Legally Blonde reference, yes, but also true! Haha but really I'm just a fun-loving, fashion-craving twenty-something who prides herself on her expansive collection of shoes. I love spending every spare minute with my darling Hubby and finding adventure in every day. Some other favorites include depressing music, sunshine, crafting, vintage and anything to do with foxes.

How would you describe your personal style?

Hmmm.... this is always a hard question because I find influence in so many different styles. The words vintage, girly and romantic come to mind with a mix of mod and a tinge of quirkiness! I love anything with velvet, collars, bows, and fun details and I love to play with colors and mix patterns. My biggest style role models are Audrey Hepburn and Zooey Deschanel.



Is there any style you would want to try or wish you could pull off?

I wish I could pull of the edgy, rocker vibe. Not all the time, but just a little bit here and there. I've seen some really amazing edgy looks on other bloggers but when I try to look badass I feel silly. It just clashes with my super girly style and personality.

What is one meal you could never get tired of eating?

Indian food! I love me some curry, naan and saag paneer. I could probably eat it every single day. And they have great veggie options!



Where would be one place in the world you would love to visit and why?

This is probably the hardest question ever.... I want to visit so many places! I have a passion for traveling and exploring new places. I love warm weather and spending all day at the beach... right now I want to say Australia! I was watching a discovery channel show the other day (yep..) and I discovered that both wombats and surprisingly tazmanian devils are insanely adorable! Seriously. Go look up pictures now!



When it comes to personal style, how has your style evolved over the years?

Well I've definitely developed a strong love for the world of fashion and beauty! Growing up I was never one to take risks with my clothing and my style was more laid-back and casual. I was always big into makeup but it's only in the last 5 years or so that I've found my passion for expressing myself in the way I dress and looking at each outfit like a work of art. I went through a bit of a bohemian/indie stage before I settled into my current flirty, retro vibe. And who knows what I'll like in the future! One of the best things about personal style is that it's always evolving!

What do you hope people get the most out of your blog?

I hope they find inspiration, friendship and a laugh or two! I hope my blog reflects my belief that beauty comes from being yourself. You can rock anything you want to, there's no rules in fashion because fashion is an expression of individuality.



Thank you so much Jessi for letting me interview you! It's been a pleasure getting to know you and reading your blog, and I can't wait to see what new adventures you go on!

Be sure to read Jessi's personal style blog, Haircut and General Attitude.














No comments:

Post a Comment