Friday, May 3, 2013

I'm coming for you, Alaska



dress: handmade // shirt: thrifted // tights: forever 21 // shoes: target





Just a super quick post for you today! I have one final left this Friday morning, and then I'll finish cleaning the dorm and doing last minute packing, and then tonight I'll be off for summer vacation! I'm really sad to leave all my friends for four months though. And the hot Oregon weather we've been having. And just the atmosphere of my town and Portland in general. But I'm also excited to go back to Alaska. I have some fun summer projects that I want to do, and I'm starting my photography internship on Monday. It's going to be a summer of experiences (I always love labeling different times in my life, so now this is going to be my motto for the whole summer. And because it now has that label, just you watch, there are going to be some absolutely insane experiences. And they will be awesome), and I cannot wait.

I can't believe I'm already done with freshman year of college. It seems like only yesterday I was heading off to class for the first time (I walked into the wrong room and everything), and now I'm finally done. So many memories, so many experiences, so many lessons learned. It hasn't quite hit me yet that the first year is over. From being so freaked out about such a big life change to who I am today, it's been a huge transformation, not only style-wise and academically, but socially, emotionally, spiritually, and rationally (ie. gained some maturity and responsibility). I dyed my hair for the first time, met some awesome photographers, got my first job working at the scene shop and newspaper, explored my beautiful state, took pictures of strangers, tried new classes, developed film photos for the very first time, had my first gallery show, started selling prints through a stock agency, had my work in the student art show, and won an award for my photography.

Who would have thought that I was going to do all those things my first year of college? If this is just the beginning, I can't wait to see what the next three years will hold. Needless to say, it's been an awesome first year.



No comments:

Post a Comment