Monday, June 17, 2013

the color run!







Saturday was the color run! It's been a dream of mine ever since I knew about events like this to actually attend, and finally I was able to, alongside some of my best friends. It was so much fun being able to do it with Matt and Joel and Marquel. I love being able to do exciting things with people I love just because we can share something together. Matt almost wasn't able to do it because of work, and I was so disappointed when I thought he couldn't do it with us. But thankfully everything worked out. It was so great to run beside him and get sprayed with fun colors. This was definitely high up on the list of best dates ever. I love you, Matt! You're the best ever and I'm so glad we got to do this together. :)




Joel, Marquel, and I

Joel and Marquel were celebrating one year of marriage and dressed up in wedding attire. (Also later on this day, we all got to eat dinner together and I got to hold their new baby ... soo cute!)




There's something awesome about you and 15,000 strangers gathering for a fun experience, and the event certainly disappoint. There were familys with little kids, friends, and co-workers all together to hang out and have fun. For the actual run, there were different color stations throughout the course where people sprayed the runners with color. You could see the cloud of color and when you were in it, everywhere you stepped puffs of color burst up from under your feet. It was so magical. The great thing about the color run is that even though it's a 5k, it's a pretty laid back one. We actually only ran for about a fourth of the way total, and jogged the rest of the time. I think it is a great first 5k for anyone interested in getting into running or marathons or triathlons. And now I can say that I've done a 5k!



What a babe.





After the run, there was a huge after party with people throwing packets of color everywhere and jumping around (as white people do) and dancing and having fun. It was really magical being engulfed by colors. I felt like I was a little kid again in an atmosphere of pinks, blues, greens, and yellows.

The only downside of the color run? Having colored boogers days after the event. I'm still blowing gunk out of my nose, haha. Was it worth it though? Most definitely. One hundred million percent. I can't wait for next year when we can do it again!






before and after!












No comments:

Post a Comment