Monday, June 3, 2013

tourist trap



dress/tights: forever 21 // cardigan: gift // belt: thrifted // shoes: target // glasses: firmoo





What you do see in this picture: Lauren with straight hair. What? What is this insanity? Believe it or not, I used to straighten my hair all the time. In junior high and high school I would wake up hours before school to stand at the mirror and straighten my curly thick hair. Thank goodness I figured out how to manage my hair and embrace the insanity, because I am much too lazy now to get out of bed any moment more than necessary. Hair is weird though, man. These weird things are growing out of our heads, and we go to great pains to press them down, or push them up, and we let these things grow long or we cut them in a ton of different ways. Hair is weird. It's also weird that I feel much more confident with my curly hair. More confidence + extra sleeping in time? Sign me up!

What you don't see in this picture: Though these pictures are really sunny and summery and beautiful looking, just beyond the edge of the photos is a giant pile of moose poop. It's nasty stuff people. I didn't even notice it until I almost stepped in it. It's everywhere! Summer in Alaska means all the moose come out. Mothers and their babies chill out on the side of the road, totally unfazed by all the car noises. I've literally seen a dozen moose last week. Plus cell phone pictures of moose in our yard that my mom has shown me. Summer in Alaska also means that the tourists come out. I've seen about as many tour buses as I've seen moose. The funniest thing for me though, are the touristy things that you can buy. How does moose poop and touristy products relate to one another? I don't know who the genius was who came up with this gimmick, but I wish I had thought of it: selling moose poop to tourists. Yep. You read that right. You can buy it in all different styles. I've seen them with little googly eyes and top hats on, I've seen them covered in gold, I've even seen them in jewelry form. We're so high class here in Alaska. But seriously, why would someone buy crap?






Uuuh well this blog post turned weird. My name is Lauren, and I blog about crap.

But in all seriousness, I hope you have a great day today! Be sure to check back tomorrow for a firmoo givaway! And yes, you read that right too!











No comments:

Post a Comment