Wednesday, July 17, 2013

steal a kiss from me



dress: urban outfitters // skirt: diy // glasses: firmoo // shoes: thrifted




(I promise that last remix my closet post is coming! I was going to take photos but then one of the shirts I needed was in the wash, so I have to procrastinate on it yet another day)

This skirt I actually made for someone else, and while it is a little long for my style (I either like skirts above my knee or midi length), I couldn't help but wear it around the house before I sent it off. It only took me a couple hours to make, and it really made me want to make a ton of my own clothes, but alas, fabric is so expensive, and ... nope, that's really the only thing stopping me at this point in time. Plus I can promise you that if I enter a fabric store, I will inevitably fall in love with the most expensive fabric there and/or leave with a ton of things I will think I need but will actually forget about when I sleep next. Thus is the eternal struggle of my life.




Another eternal struggle? Never finishing my own sewing projects. I still have a dress that I'm so close to finishing, but of course I started it a year ago and never finished it. Maybe tomorrow will be the day? Haha, that's what I've been telling myself for a while now. Do you ever do that? Where you start something with such excitement, and right when you're about to finish you take a break for a little while ... and then a little while turns into weeks or months or years? You have a problem (I do too. Procrastinators, unite! ... tomorrow!)



I hope you have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment