Monday, August 12, 2013

The 48 United States



dress/shoes: target // cardigan: forever 21 (?) // shirt: thrifted // earrings: diy





Man, it has been so hot this summer. It's weird for me to type this, but I'm pretty sure we only had like two weeks total of clouds/rain (buuut today it's raining, so I guess I didn't knock on wood fast enough. Sorry guys ...). Apparently some places here have broken the record for high temperatures, which shouldn't be a surprise anymore. I think this is the third year in a row Alaska has broken some sort of weather temperature, and it makes me even more proud of being a resident of this state. So many people I know talk about how much they hate Alaska and want to get out of it as soon as they graduate high school and it makes me sad. Even though I know where they're coming from, what with Alaska being so secluded (I mean really, we're never included in any of the maps of the United States!) and with Alaskan people just having a different lifestyle from much of the world, (and probably the 7+ months of winter has something to do with it), it's still sad when they're too excited to leave that they don't appreciate how great this place really is. I used to be the same way though, I couldn't wait to get out and explore the world. I still can't wait to explore the world, but I'll always want to come back to this beautiful place.






Hope you have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment