Friday, December 20, 2013

I'll be home for Christmas



dress: borrowed // tights: walmart // socks: target // shoes/gloves: forever 21 // photos by Matt





Today is the big day, people! I have one more final this morning, and then it's off to the airport to fly home for Christmas. This semester has been so jam packed, I'll be thankful for a little snowy break. (My friend Amy wants me to put the word "Potato" in here somewhere, so there's that. Oh, I just received word that it has to be in context, so ... I like potatoes. Happy now, Amy?)

But anyways, it's so interesting to look back on this post to see just how much I've grown in a year. I'm definitely more confident, more secure in who I am as a person and who I want to become, and a lot more focused than I once was. Of course, I'm a firm believer in the ability to always improve, and I know there are a lot of areas for me to grow into. I've been thinking just a bit about new year's resolutions, and even though I'm a failure at completing them, I still like the idea of self-improvement. There are just a couple things I really want to focus on in the upcoming year, such as being more organized (to include organizing my schedule), being more focused on my art, and continuing to be more diligent in school. It's been pretty good this semester, but I want it to be even better. As for the art, I've sort of taken a small break, in part because of school, but I hope to create a few photos over the break. Next semester will also be helpful as I'm taking Intermediate Photography and Intermediate Ceramics AND Writing Fiction, so I will be producing a lot of art!






And here is my wonderful photographer and the most handsome guy in the world. I won't make this paragraph too mushy gushy, but I am so so thankful he is in my life (and has been closer to me this semester), and for all the things he's helped me through this semester. It's nice to be close to your best friend and I love him so much.

So in just a few hours, it will officially be Christmas break and I will be surrounded by beautiful Alaskan mountains and my wonderful family and pets. I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday season. I probably will take a few days off of blogging, so I'll see you next year! (that joke is still funny, right?)




No comments:

Post a Comment